Landis® die heads can be used as hollow milling cutters:
• Use cutting profile inserts instead of a threading profile
• Easy, economical solution
• Turn, groove, form, point, and face.
• Can be used with virtually any type of revolving or stationary head.
• Same mounting configuration and same physical size as chasers.
• Feed rates nearly equal to a single-point tool – multiplied by the number of hollow milling tools
• Set of cutters will vary from 4 to 8
• Enables one spindle to hollow mill and a second spindle to thread
• Cutters are usable for 80% of their original length – only the rake angle requires regrinding.